My only excuse for not posting in two weeks is that these weeks have been by far the toughest, busiest, and most stressful weeks in Grace Hopper. I feel like I have been working nonstop and only now have time to take a breath. Here are some things that happened since I last wrote:
- We made Dish’d! In two short weeks, we converted this app from a wobbly lump of code that broke every time we touched it to a robust and usable application. If you tend to have trouble planning out your meals for the week, I suggest you try it out! It’s live at dishd.us (and if it seems to be down for a sec, try again later. I swear it’s worth it!!)
- My team also worked on and presented our application at the Angelhack “Lady Problems” hackathon. Even though we didn’t take home any prizes, it was a really great place to work and meet people all week. It’s very inspiring to work in a room full of mostly other female developers, and the venue at the AWS popup loft was beautiful! Plus, there was free food and several free t-shirts.
- I made a stop by Code Camp NYC, a conference at the Microsoft center where I saw a very helpful lecture on Angular 2.
- We also presented Dish’d at family and friends demo day. Thanks, mom, for coming to New York to see our presentation!!
- If that wasn’t enough, I also gave a tech talk on components in angular 1. This was for a 10 minute presentation that all Grace Hopper seniors are required to put together. I will post a video of it soon, for anyone who is interested in my take on that topic (anyone?).
- I applied for, and was accepted to, the Grace Hopper fellowship program! This means I will be staying on for the next three months as a teaching assistant, while also doing work on the website used by students at Grace Hopper and Fullstack Academy. I’m very excited for this opportunity to keep learning (and get paid for it this time). The adventure continues!!
It’s now the last week as a student in the program, and I can’t believe it! let’s do this!!